12 de noviembre de 2009

PERSONALITIES I ADMIRE PART I


Sylvia Plath, wasn't she just great?


Most of the people consider it as an advantage, to live in the age of communication, It seems to be great to have instant access to the whole corpus of knowledgement the mankind has been accumulating over the centuries (call it Wikipedia, aka the new Alexandria Library). For me, it has a bad effect: Being aware of the fact that I will never be able to read all the books, to visit all the places, to wear all the clothes, to see all the movies, to listen to all of the music that exists leads me to stress and frustration. I bet Immanuel Kant was really proud of being so wise, but he didn't know how easy it was back on those days to know everything about everything. I'd like to see him here right now, dealing with the laptop and the millions of sites and blogs full of juicy and amazing information about every single aspect of the life on earth.
I think I'll stay in my Bell Jar, warm and safe.

No hay comentarios: